Well today was kind of a lazy day. Last night I fell asleep on my own even though transport came for my CT scan at 10 pm. The two guys who wheeled me down and stuff were characters. I guess they do MRI and CT scans all night. On a typical night they do 15 a night. I have felt kind of tired today and I took a nap today.
Rob and I are going to watch the Steeler game tonight. He just talked with his Mom and Joan is doing really well. Her stomach hasn't felt this good for a while. We are so grateful.
Rob got the name of a skilled nursing facility in Fortuna from his colleagues at work and our case worker has been in contact with them. Hopefully we will know more tomorrow about when I will be transported up there. We were relieved to hear that Rob will not have to drive me up there. We couldn't imagine making the long drive while staying on my IV meds. I'll probably be the youngest person there but I don't care. I just want to be able to see and touch my family.
I love all you guys and feel so grateful to have such great friends and family. Thank you for all your support for me and my family.
Awe, dinner calls!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good to hear from you Erin and so happy that it looks like you will be making your way to Fortuna very soon. I am sure being near your children will do you a world of good. Uncle David and I are relieved that Rob does not have to drive you to Fortuna either, especially still needing medications through IV! Love and husg to you both. We love you!!!!
Auntie Diane
Erin - Liane Stevens said to get the hell out of that hospital and get up to Humboldt County for some good old fashion nursing. Get home so we can come see your beautiful face.
Erin: Lee Ann Walstrom says - I hope to see you soon. Blogging is good but seeing you will be great! I talked to your mommy tonight and she told me about your ER visit, very scarry. I am glad to see you are eating - that shows me you are feeling better. Take care and I am praying for you! :-)
Holly says "hey". She and Justin came to dinner so I was able to fill her in about how you are doing. She said when you are feeling better she will come over and help you with your hair.
I am so happy you are on your road back HOME! That will be a dose of some very great medicine :-) I am so happy to hear from you, on my blog :-)!I am glad you will be transported home, and I hope that is ASAP!! We love you so much Erin. You, my cousin-in-law and your beautiful children!!!!
I am excited to hear that you may finally be going home. I will watch for news of when. I am glad they will transport you to Fortuna. Mom was saying you had to have the IV for two more weeks. Praying that you regain your strength and get back to normal soon. Love you.
Dad
Hi, Erin, Transportation to Fortuna is GOOD; you might be surprised about whom you will find in the skilled nursing facility, but everyone will be glad to see a lovely young face such as yours. Your progress is wonderful. If you think you will be glad to see your kids, wait til they see you! Glad to hear that Joan is feeling so very well, too. Keep hanging in there, Dear one. Love and hugs to you both, Vaden
I'll have to agree with everyone else - transported to Fortuna and a skilled nursing facility sound like the right moves. Hopefully it will be soon and even sooner till you're able to be at your own home with your family. Keep eating and getting stronger. Obviously the hospital is not a place for you to rest when they wake you up to have testing. That's always the way. So happy to hear that Rob's mom is doing well. Love and prayers to all. Eileen
Post a Comment