My homecoming was emotional and wonderful, better than I even imagined. I know I am in the right place. There's been many pictures taken since this adventure began that haven't been shared yet. As I feel up to it I'll post them. I am enjoying all the special gadget furniture I inherited from my Nana and Grandpa when they passed away. I have a recliner in the living room with a lift and an adjustable bed which we recently added tempurpedic mattresses to. I couldn't imagine having to recover without them.
Well if you've been checking "Diane's World" you know I have had a few setbacks. Dr. Monfared told me in the hospital that recovery is not linear but, cyclical with ups and downs. I guess that means if I had someone charting my good and bad days I could eventually model it with a sine or cosine wave when I felt better. I think I would find it is being multiplied by a damping factor. My guess would be (1/e)^x. Okay, I'll stop with the math humor. I'm just so excited my mind is coming back.
My doctor perscribed some anti-anxiety drugs for me to use. I just need them temporarily until I get stronger physically. So much has happened I think my mind finally got overwhelmed. As I get more like myself I think I'll be able to get off the anti-anxiety meds. Talking with my Mom, Rob, and all those I have seen at the doctors offices/emergency room, home visitors, along with everyones thoughts and prayers, is pulling me through my little bout with PTSD at lightning speed. Thank you to all of you.
Right now I am obviously feeling pretty good. I ate a little PB and J, Mac N' Cheese, and drank an Ensure, 7-up, and some water today. I held them all down. I also slept a lot today so that is why I am up blogging at 11 pm. My circadian rythms are all messed up. It doesn't help that we still haven't change the times on all the clocks in the house and one of the clocks I just discovered has a dying battery so even though I corrected the time yesterday it is already 2 hours off :)
Okay I'm starting to sound like an old person talking about what I ate all day. If I don't stop now I'll probably start talking about bowel movements and that would be too much information.
Good Night
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It is so good hearing directly from you. My prayers of thanks are slowly replacing those of requests. Continue to feel better and stronger, many people love you and need you!
Love,
Godpa Stan
Erin,
So nice to know that you are slowly making your way back and finding your mind once again. It has been a rough road, but like all of life, just another adventure. Without adventure, life would be boring. I love you and hope to see you back on your feet, chasing Steven with the squirt gun. Getting him good for me. Wait until it warms up though.
Love,
Dad
What a delight to read your comments this morning after I sent email. Now that you are posting "stuff" in math language, I know that you are definitely getting better. Your special way with descriptions has made me smile; yes, for heavens sake, don't fall into the "invalid/old folks" routine; however, don't hesitate to let us know what is happening. You'll probably hate to give up that tempurapedic mattress when the time comes. Such fun to have good news directly from you. Love, Vaden
Yeah, I am so happy to hear from you on your blog...I have been waiting because I know that means you are feeling okay because you are able to blog. You looked great when I saw you saturday, so take it slow and keep having good days. I can see that you are getting better when you start using math formulas:) Keep up the good work.
Wonderful to see you blogging Erin! Glad to hear you are getting your mind back. You lost me with the math jokes. That is some minnd you have! Your Dad's comments are spot on. This is another adventure that makes your life your own and your life has certainly never been boring! Much love and vear hugs Sweetie. Auntie Diane
So good to hear directly from you Erin. I agree with your Aunt Diane. You're losing me with the math formulas. You're as bad as your god-siblings - all just too intelligent for me. Your mind is definitely working and I'm sure your students can't wait to have you back. Let's hope this cycle stays upward for a good long time. Love and prayer, Eileen
Yeah, the math stuff was for my colleagues at school. They'll understand perfectly what my days are like from that formula. I think it was Karl Sagan (someone correct me if I'm wrong) who said, "Mathematics is the language of the gods." Hee, hee.
Erin-
Did you SERIOUSLY just put a mathematics analogy into your recovery?!?!?! Oh.My - this takes me back to you figuring out the probability of what you'd get on the next Yahtzee role. And Pam and I were just thinking, "Wha?!?! This game is NEVER going to end!"
You're a math nerd and I'm a computer geek - what can we say?!?!
I do love you :)
p.s. Please stop and think before blogging about bowel movements. Some of us eat while reading blogs ;)
Post a Comment