Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Reflecting Back Part 4: Back at Stanford with Meningitis

Here I am resting in my room back at Stanford. The private room this time was nice. They brought a little cot in for Rob who was able to stay with me for the entire 2 weeks. If you recall from earlier posts it was kind of like a second honeymoon. We hadn't spent that much time alone together since before Steven was born. We joked around and began referring to Stanford as "Club Med."

Here's one of my nurses Julie. She was a kick in the pants. She is the one Steven said, "Your Dad's an idiot." This is also the hallway I exercised on when I started to be able to walk without feeling sick or dizzy.

Back in Fortuna Mom took care of both kids. Here's some photos of their adventures.

Steven on Halloween:


Mackenzie as Cinderella:



Out trick or treating at the downtown businesses with friends:


Next Reflecting and Enjoying: Coming/"Now at" Home!!!!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Nice to put a face to Julie. Love the pictures of Steven and Mackenzie on Halloween. Grammy is one very special lady. We are all blessed to have her in our lives. Hugs, Auntie Diane

Ron said...

Thanks for the picture of Mom, small as it was. Nice to see her. Let her know I can still reconize her and she doesn't look fat at all.............and tell her the exercise tape will be in the mail on Saturday. ;)

Love ya all.

Dad

Deb said...

Dear Ron,
You made my day :) I miss you too. Thanks for all you're doing with my MK business. I so appreciate your hard work and organization! Thanks also for mailing my exercise tape.
Love,
Deb

PS Diane thanks for making me feel so special :) I feel the same way about you, too. Erin and I couldn't have survived without your help. Thanks to David too.
Love,
Deb

Eileen and Stan said...

Nice to have that part of your recovery in the past. I do think you and Rob deserve a third honeymoon done up the right way. No cots or hospital beds. Looks like your mom had a grand time trick or treating. She'll miss those grand babies when she returns home. Keep improving!
Love, Eileen

Jen said...

Awww...those trick or treating pictures are adorable! Steven made a great Steeler! And Cinderella...need I say more? I'm glad you were able to spend some quality time with Rob at Club Med!