Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hello From Stanford!

I have spent a lot of the morning catching up on all my favorite blogs. Thank you Auntie Diane for keeping everyone in the loop as well as providing inspiration. Thank you Stan and Eileen for the beautiful irises. It is amazing how in this day and age of technology how a gift can be enjoyed by many. I also want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I truely feel the love and support. I know Rob does as well. We talked a lot last night about just how blessed we are in this life.

We also realized we hadn't spent this much time, just the two of us, for years. We joked about it being our second honeymoon. Though helping your spouse take care of basic hygiene and other stuff isn't usually apart of a second honeymoon. Rob's upbeat, relax attitude and unflinching dedication and expression of love inspires me and has reminded me why I fell in love with him.

Rob is off at the laundry mat and I am eagerly awaiting lunch which should be arriving soon. I ate all my breakfast. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, cream of wheat, hot chocolate, and a milk.

I am scheduled to have another CT scan today. I guess there was a little air pocket that showed up before that they just want to check up on. My white blood cells are still up a little but stable. They are pretty sure that is from the decadron steriod I am on. I am being weaned off of it so they are expecting my count will fall once it is stopped.

Tomorrow I should know more about where I am going next and when. I just can't wait to see my kids. It is so hard not seeing them. I feel like I am missing out on so much especially when it comes to bonding with Mackenzie. But, I'll be caring for my babies soon and I couldn't have a better "Nanny" standing in for me. Mom, you are a wonderful mother and I learned to be the Mom I am from you. Looking at the bright side I see Steven and Mackenzie building a very special bond with their Grammy because of this.

Lunch just arrived so I better get back to work on my recovery.

8 comments:

Diane said...

WONDERFUL hearing from yu first hand Erin! I am sure it has been really good for you and Rob to have this alone time together, even if one of you is patient and the other caregiver. You share sucha deep and special love.

My heart aches for you not being able to see your kids. Every mother sympathizes and feels your pain on that one. It will be soon though and you are right, you have an amazing mother yourself and your children are blessed to have her there with them. It must ease your mind considerably knowing that they are well loved and cared for. If it can;t be you at the moment, thank goodness it is Grammy!

VERY excited to hear that you are gobbling up your meals as the normal Erin's always does. Big smile here. Keep that up and you will be strong in no time.

Prayers continue and I hope that the results of the CT scan are what they want to see.

Love you Sweetie and miss you.

Hugs to you and Rob,
Auntie Diane

Eileen and Stan said...

What a nice surprise to hear directly from you, Erin. You gave everybody a scare for awhile. Glad you're eating again and I know that recovery will be all positive from here on. You have a good man by your side and two beautiful children waiting to have you home again soon. Just be patient and give yourself time to heal. Just remember those days of being frazzled with the kids and sleep deprived will be back soon.
I talked with your Mom and we agreed that grandchildren are the best and we love having one on one time with them.
Hope the CAT scan results are good. Hope Rob's mom is doing okay. Our love and prayers are with all of you.
Love ya lots, Eileen & Stan

Erin said...

I was pretty scared there for a while also. This has reminded me how important it is to enjoy each and everyday with those you love and care about. Life is a precious gift that is meant to be cherished everyday.

Unknown said...

Erin, how wonderful to hear from you and to know how well you are progressing. As you note, not like one would expect a second honeymoon to be, but this special time you have had with Rob is precious for both of you. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Good to have you back online. Oh, yes, I hope Rob's mother is doing well. Love and hugs to you both, Vaden

Marla said...

Alrighty Erin - I'll be showing up with double cheeseburgers, fries, shakes...anything to fatten you up!
Having said that, I think it's nice to hear from you...especially since today is one of my "roommate" days (Pam's b-day!!!).
Keep a postive focus on your recovery - however slow it may be. And I know Mackenzie will bond with you ANY chance she gets.
We love you!

Jen said...

It's so good to hear from you Erin! I am glad you are taking it easy, and getting some rest so you can help your body get back on track! I am so glad that Rob was able to stay with you and spend this time with you while you recover. As Stanley says, those sleep deprived nights with baby will be back before you know it! Enjoy it while you can :-) I hope you get to see those gorgeous kids of yours soon and that you get to go home soon. You are always on my mind (yes, Willie Nelson) and I miss you!!! Love you!

Ron said...

Such a surprise to find a post from my little girl today. I am filled with joy that you are feeling well enough to post once again and really pleased that you are concentrating on food once again. When you start getting irritable because you are hungry, I will know you are well again.

Looking at the time you and Rob are having together as a second honeymoon was beautiful. It may not quite be what we picture a honeymoon to be, but in reality it is what a honeymoon is all about.

Always in my prayers. I love and miss all of you.

Dad

Chandelle said...

Erin, I am so happy to see that you posted your own blog. It has been great to keep up with Diane's, but I know that you are feeling better if you did your own. I can't wait for you guys to come home and for you to be feeling up for company. I went by to see the house to see the children the other day, but they were not home...Anyway, keep up the good work and take it slow so you can come home soon...