I got a call late this afternoon from Nanette, the surgery scheduler, and October 8th is the official date of surgery. My pre-op is scheduled for September 30th at 9 am. She told me this is the date they will check my heart and lungs and I'll meet with the anesthesiologist.
Then on the 7th of October I'll be admitted and have the embolization done. A gal named Mary will be calling me early next week about the exact time. This is when they will block the main feeder veins/blood vessels to the tumor and also perform the balloon test on my carotid artery. They scheduled a tentative post-op appointment for October 28th based on a tentative discharge date of October 13th. So a little less than a week in the hospital. That seems like less time than last time.
I felt anxious and overwhelmed for about a half hour after I got off the phone with Nanette. Thank goodness she called during the rare occasion that both kids were napping. So I could just take it all in. It still is so surreal and I feel like everything is coming up so fast.
Also, I did not receive the medical release form from University of Nebraska Medical Center today regarding my first surgery. I called again this morning because the fax hadn't come yet. I checked just before the office supply store closed tonight and still no fax. I found a way that I could email medical records online so I did that this evening. I'm going to be using the squeaky-wheel approach. I will bug them every working day until I get the release form and then the records. I want the surgical team at Stanford to have everything possible to help them plan and execute this surgical procedure.
I'm looking forward to a three-day weekend with my family, including my Mom who is flying in tomorrow, and not having to make any calls or expect any calls regarding the surgery. I'll be back at it on Tuesday.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One day at a time, and breath.....I know it has to be beyond overwhelming for you. Hugs and much love.
Auntie Diane and Uncle David
Erin-
Boy, I haven't checked your blog in awhile and whammo - so much has happened. Glad you have a good team working for/with you. And you're probably enjoying your mom right now...tell her hi for me!
Just in case I don't check back in time- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Love ya-
Marla :)
Post a Comment