Thursday, August 28, 2008

Trip to Palo Alto

Of course, in keeping with our current philosphy of life, we decided to make the best of our trip. On our way down we stopped at the McDonalds in Willits to stretch our legs. Steven wanted Daddy to go into the play structure with him. Rob's back has been a little sore lately so I volunteered. I climbed up and around in the tubes with Steven and even went down the tall tube slide once. I only went down the large tube slide once because it made me pretty dizzy and Rob said it shook the whole time I was going down. I stuck to the short one after that. I must say I had as much fun as Steven!

Here's Steven climbing in the tube:

Steven and I sharing our chocolate shake after Mommy's wild ride down the tube slide.

Rob and Mackenzie ejoying a little Father-Daughter time.

After my appointment with Dr. Jackler and the guys' nap we went and checked out Palo Alto's free Junior Museum and Zoo. It wasn't very far from the hotel and it was pretty cool.



There's no question that Rob is Mackenzie's Daddy. Check out their identical smirks.


Here is the guys checking out the bat cave. You can see one bat hanging down just to the front of the bill of Rob's hat.




Mackenzie lounging under a tree in the grass.

I had to include this picture from our last night at the hotel. Mackenzie already wants to be just like her big brother.


On our way home we stopped in Cloverdale for lunch. Some of you may be able to look at this salad and figure out where we had lunch.

You guessed it, Mary's Pizza Shack! Rob and I each had one of Mary's salads and then we all shared a Mary's Combination pizza. Delicious!

A little Mary's Pizza put us all in good spirits.

1 comment:

Diane said...

You left me smiling....and how perfect to end the trip with a meal at Mary's Pizza! I still thnk of Mary Fazzio -- didn;t you fgo to her 80th birthday celebration at the Mary's Pizza Shack in Sonoma with Nana and I Erin? I remember Grabndpa was in the hospital for osme reason, but he insisted that Nana go. Glad that you had fun on your trip as well! Hugs.