Thursday, August 7, 2008
Not So Great News
I was hoping to have our first post after returning from vacation to be the pictures of our adventures. We had a great time visiting so many people. I will be posting those soon. Today, however, I received the result of my MRI study that was prompted due to my dizzy spells and vertigo problems that came about my last month of pregnancy. My skull base tumor is back. I know this is kind of a tacky way to notify people but I hope you understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hi Erin,
Mom called me after she got your call. In my prayers as you are always.
You need or Rob need to talk, you know how to reach me.
Love you both,
Dad
Dearest Erin,
You are always in our prayers but we will storm heaven with many more prayers. Count on your Godsiblings prayers too. Please keep us posted.
Love,
Your Godma & Godpa
Hi Erin. My heart goes out to you. I soooo wish you didn't have to go through this again. I thought about calling you, but wasn't sure if you'd be ready to hear from people... I'll try you next week. In the mean time, please know that Chad and I will pray for you also. I love you!
Pam
Erin-
Ugh, yuck, me no likey. (I just had to get that out) At any rate, you are in our prayers and although the instinct is to call and find out all we can, maybe holding off is best during this time. BUT, we are thinking about you.
Pam and I know especially what a time this is for you - being your roomies during the last spell.
We love you-
Marla
p.s. Posting it on your blog is NOT tacky - since we all know how crazy this is AND having two little ones takes up your time as well.
Thank you all so much. I am still digesting this news. I feel a bit numb at this time. My first thoughts were what impact this will have on the kids. I am also worried about Rob. Of course, he says he loves me and will be with me every step of the way. There are little things I think about now that may have been a sign it was back. One problem is that most of the signs I have to live with everyday because of the previous tumor and surgery (hearing loss, difficulty swallowing, etc) Oh, well. Hindsight is always 20/20. I will definitely be posting updates. I am hoping to hear when my first appointment will be down at Stanford next week. If I don't I will be calling the ENT office in Arcata about when they will complete my referral.
Erin! We are so sorry to hear the news. We just got back from Truckee. You and your fanmily are in our prayers as always. If you want company at Stanford I am here for you.
Lovbe,
Auntie Diane and Uncle David
Erin, John and I were sad to hear this shocking news. This is not a tacky way to tell people at all. Don't even think about that. Concentrate on yourself! We will be thinking of you and sending up some prayers. If you need anything, you know we will do anything we can to help you and your family! When you are ready to talk, I am here. Love you, Jen
Post a Comment