Here is Rob getting our rods ready at the truck.


We fished hard and I got pretty good at casting by the time we left at 2 pm. We were the last ones to leave the riffle. All I caught was a few rocks and Rob's line a couple of times. Here I am casting after practicing all day.I love flowers and this birthday I was showered with them. You can never ever have too many flowers. Rob brought me flowers home the night before my birthday.
I received these beautiful flowers from my colleagues in the Math, Science and Engineering Department.

My friend LeeAnn stopped by and gave me these.
Walking through the house is such a treat now. I received so many wonderful cards wishing me a happy birthday as well as offering support and encouragement. My phone was going all day on my birthday and I got to talk to many friends and family. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for making me feel so special.
Mom carried on the family tradition of making my birthday cake from scratch using an old Betty Crocker cake recipe that no longer appears in the newer editions of the cookbook. Hmm, it was so good.

4 comments:
Happy (now belated) birthday! I was waiting for a post like this, so I could post you happy wishes :)
Love you!
Marla & boys
Very happy to see what a joyous birthday celebration you had Sweetie! Much love. Auntie Diane
Forgot to mention that's some casting Girl! You, Rob, Jen and John need to get together fishing next summer!
AD
It sure looks like you had a great day! The flowers are beautiful and your cake looks scrumptious! Isn't it wonderful how some traditions never change! I love it! And your fishing...you go girl! You'll have to fish with us up here sometime! I haven't caught anything yet, but John has. Either way it's a great way to spend the morning!
Post a Comment