Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Rest of Us

Over this past week the sun was out quite a bit and I went to Ace Hardware and couldn't resist picking out a few plants. With Rob's help. Okay he was the main laborer and I was the foreman. (Sigh) I can't wait until I can do my gardening myself.
I picked up a flat of strawberry plants for two pots:

They also had small Meyer Lemon trees for $7.99 a piece so I picked up two of those since my other is definitely dead. We planted them in two large pots so they can be moved around if need be:


We put all the pots under the pergola. The wisteria on the pergola is just starting to bloom. I'll have to take another picture once it is in full bloom:

I made a roast during the week and tried a Yorkshire Pudding recipe. They came out lovely. Now I don't have to buy a mix in Ferndale.

Our "Wall Words" saying came in the mail and Rob and I applied it on the wall over the fireplace.

Tempor Felix, means "Happy Times." Rob closed a love letter email to me when we were dating with Tempor Felix. That was when he completely won over my heart. We stenciled it in our kitchen of our last house and wanted to put it up in this house too. This time we did it in Craftsman font.

Rob's been having some pain in his abdomen on his left side. Rob had his colonoscopy this past week. We have some pictures but I won't post them. They removed two polyps. One was large and the other was small. He has a follow-up with his doctor this Thursday so we'll hear then. He still has the pain but, it was still good he had the colonoscopy since he did have the polyps. They are thinking it might be nerve damage from an old rugby injury or muscle strain.

Rob's Mom also had her surgery this past week for diroticulitis (sp?). It was a little more complicated then they originally thought it would be going in. She was suppose to go home yesterday but she had a convulsion type episode Monday night so she needed to stay longer. They were hoping it was just a reaction to Vicodin and not infection. Hopefully she is going to get to go home today. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I have my follow-up with Dr. Parks and a CT scan this coming Monday. Rob, Steven, and I are going to go and stop in Merced to visit Joan. It will be nice to see everyone in Merced. Steven will have a blast with his cousins.

I hope I get to switch to a soft collar at least. I would love to be cleared for more lifting too. Keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Erin thanks for the update on Joan. She has beenin my prayers as all of you have. I have been praying that you get the good news you so deserve this time aoprund from Dr. Parks and you will be able to get more of your life back if not all of it at this point. Your pergola looks lovely - when it is full of blooming wisteria it will be glorious! Hoping your Meyer lemon trees do well for you this time aorund. Being able to move them around if need be is a very good idea. Lots of strawberry shortcake in your hourse this summer. How fun. I hope by next week you can get your hands dirty again in your garden. Love you all.

Diane said...

Me again. I juist looked at the professional pics of the kids. Steven looks so grown up. They are all gteat shots! Mackenzie looks too adorbale. They are all good, too cute with the bunny ears! Kinda reminds me of the 70's and those certain clubs where the waitresses wore bunny ears and tails. :-))))) Both of your children are gorgeous.

Eileen and Stan said...

I'm jealous! It's too cold yet here to start any gardening. Good luck with all the plants. What a lovely tradition you have started with the Wall Words. May all yur times be happy. Hope Rob gets a good report from the doctor. Colonoscopies are everyones favorite test. Will keep Joan in our prayers along with all of you. Good luck on Monday with your appointment Erin. The childrens pictures are too precious!