Monday, April 6, 2009

Hanging Out at Stanford Hospital

I'm currently waiting for my appointment with Dr. Parks. It's pretty cool that there is a computer in the waiting area. I had my CT Scan this morning. Hopefully I will get some good news about my healing and be able to switch to a soft collar. At the very least I would like to not have to wear it at night. I would love to drop the collar altogether but, that is probably not in the cards yet.

A few updates:

Rob's Mom, Joan, is at home now which is great news. They had to put a shunt in her kidney because it was closed off. She sounds much better. I know just how good it feels to get to recuperate at home. Rest up Joan! We love you.

Rob also got the results from his colonoscopy this week. His two polyps were both precancerous! I am so glad, he is too, that he did the colonoscopy. He goes back in three years for another one. I to think what could have been should he have waited to do his first one until he was 50. He still has the pain in his side. The doctor felt around his abdomen during his follow-up appointment. They are thinking the pain he gets in his sides is muscular. Maybe even a little irritable bowel from stress. They just told him to keep an eye on it and notify them of any changes. They've checked everything in that area.

Well, wish me luck. I'll post more after my appointment.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is great news about Rob and his mom Joan! I hope both are feeling better already! And as for you, I hope your appointment went wonderfully and that all is going as it should! It would be great if you got to change to a soft collar; I'm sure that is MUCH more comfortable! Love you!

Ron said...

Tell Rob to relax and enjoy the circus!

Dad

Diane said...

Sorry to her Joan had to have a shunt put in her kidney but so happy it has made her feel so much better! Glad that Rob had the test and the polyps removed. Blesisngs in disguise....God bless you all! Anxious to hear how things went at your appointment yesterday Erin. Love and hugs.

Eileen and Stan said...

Good news for both Rob and his Mom. Hopefully Joan will continue to improve. Stress can really do a job on your body and I'm sure Rob has been under a lot the past few months. Everyone is always in our prayers. Love to all.