Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dad is here! Big Family News!

Mom, Mackenzie, and I picked Dad up at the airport on Tuesday. He will be here for 10 days. Mom and Dad were so happy to see each other.

They will be going on a date to the Carter House Restaurant on Mom's birthday, this Saturday. That's the place Rob and I went to on our anniversary. It is wonderful and I just know they will have a great time.
Dad still can fall asleep anywhere. Can you believe your eyes?

Yes, that is him sleeping with his head resting on the hardwood floor.

Steven is getting to be such a pro at using the potty. I think using the potty has really helped him feel like a big brother. He's been such a good helper with Mackenzie lately. He also loves to help her and play with her. Of course, she adores him.
Look at her little teeth! She actually has four now. She has two on the top and two on the bottom. She has another two just cutting through on the bottom.

Rob and Steven every Wednesday night watch the ghost hunter shows on Discovery channel right before bed. Uh, that's probably why Steven still sleeps in our bed most nights.

Poor Mom. A couple weeks ago, before her sinus infection, she had started exercising. Her knee was a little sore after her last workout. Over the last week or so it has been getting worse and worse. It was really bad starting on Sunday. She went to the doctor on Wednesday and also had a x-ray. They are thinking small Baker's Cyst and maybe some arthritis. She has a follow up appointment on this coming Tuesday. Mom's been resting with leg up a bit and Dad's turned into the baby carrier. Thank goodness he is here.
Tweed doesn't mind Mom having to rest and put her feet up.

I have been trying to do more that doesn't involve any heavy lifting. I've been loading the dishwasher a bit and washing dishes. I also can put laundry in the washer and dryer but, I need someone to carry the basket out of the laundry room for me. I just put laundry away in small bits. I do a lot of walking then but, that is on my okay list. I have my first speech therapy appointment a week from Friday. My face continues to improve. Here I am:


I'm still not crazy about how I look in pictures. At least when I smile at Mackenzie now she can recognize that I'm smiling.

We got the news this past weekend that my brother Ryan is going to be getting married on September 19th to his girlfriend, Katie. Mom and Dad really like her and I got to talk to her on the phone this week. I can tell already that she will fit into the family just fine. She's very easy to talk to. I'm so happy for both of them especially my brother. There's a part of me that still sees him as a little boy in a Superman costume.

Hee, hee, okay so he isn't a little boy here. Our friends, Joe and June, gave him a Superman costume for Christmas this past year. He didn't tell anyone in the family for a while that he had a picture taken in it but, finally Mom and Dad found out from Joe and June who had gotten a copy of the picture, so he forwarded the picture to Mom and Dad. Of course, I made Mom send it to me. And now, you all can see it on my blog! See what a good sister I am! Some things never change. I love you Ryan! Welcome to the family Katie!

4 comments:

Eileen and Stan said...

Wow - lots of news at your house! Hope the happy couple have a great date night. Glad you're able to start doing small things. It changes your mindset from a patient back to a productive human being. I think you look beautiful! Best wishes to Ryan & Katie! Way to go Steven! One in diapers is more than enough. Love to all!

Jen said...

WOW!!! Lots of great news! I want that picture of Ryan...I just need to get him in that outfit, in our Spiderman Landcruiser....LOL. Too cool! You look BEAUTIFUL Erin! I'm sure Mackenzie could tell you were smiling at her anyway, with the love that was pouring out of you to her, but it was wonderful to see a smile! Wow...I haven't talked to Ryan in a while...married? Katie? I missed a bit! LOL. I am so happy for him! I'll have to try and get in touch with him. Glad to see your Mom and Dad together, you doing so well, Mackenzie as sweet as always and Steven being such a GREAT bit brother! What would that boy like for his birthday? Love you all!

Diane said...

Great to talk to you Ropn and Deb today. And Congratualtions Ryan and Katie! How exciting! Unlce David and I are so thrilled to hear of your happiness. You Erin look wonderful and absolutely beautiful. So glad to hear that you are starting to be able to do more. I am sure that getting your life back is your biggest wish. Steven, you go!! What a big boy you are - and you do look like such a little man in your latest pictures. I sweat you grew so much just from Chritmstime when we saw you last. Ton and Deb, enjoy your time together and I hope your date night/birthday celebration tonight was very special. Hope Rob is feeling better. Love you all!

Marla said...

I love how Mackenzie is just hammin' it up with her brother - so great to see! Glad you're continuing to improve Erin :)