Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lovely Visit and Happy Birthday Mamacita!

We all had a great time with Dad here. Mom and Dad had a great time on their date night at Carter House Restaurant. Mom's camera battery was dead so they didn't get any pictures for me to post (darn it!). Here's some pictures of Dad's visit.

Dad (Iowa Grandpa) with Mackenzie and Steven on Pizza and Movie night.

Enjoying the "Wall Family Circus" at dinner time:

Look what Dad taught Steven:
Yep, Steven is learning the ways of the Iowa Grandpa:

The guys enjoying ice cream after pizza on Dad's last night. I sure wish Iowa Grandpa and Grammy would become Fortuna Grandpa and Grammy.
We celebrated Mom's birthday on Sunday March 1st since she and Dad went to Carter House on her birthday, February 28th.
Here's Mom and Steven waiting for cake:
Dad made the famous Hines Family Mocha Chocolate Cake from scratch. It is an old Betty Crocker recipe that is no longer in the newer additions. We decided to not put 58 candles on the cake but instead put five candles in orange and eight in purple since we wanted to eat the cake and not make a fireball out of it.
We sang Happy Birthday and Mom blew out the candles:
Then we ate cake. Steven ate some and turned some into a facial mask.
Mom got a ton of flowers and cards. Thank you everyone! (from Mom):
I taught Steven how to use the camera. He took this picture of me or was it the package of wipes and I just happened to be in the picture:
Rob got some new glasses this past week. They look really nice on him even though they look like Sarah Palin's glasses. Hmm... I'm not going to be too concerned unless he starts growing his hair real long, coloring it brown, and styling it with a bump in the back.
Steven is becoming a pro at using the potty. We are still waiting for that first #2 to hit the potty before it hits his underwear. He's even getting creative with his underwear. Don't worry it is a clean pair he was getting ready to put on in the morning.

Mackenzie is starting to really develop her personality. She's quite the character. She also has started crawling! I'll have to catch a video of that. Here she is sharing silly faces with Daddy:

She also had a great time taking a bath with her brother. She adores her big brother:

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love the new pictures, Erin! Mackenzie is a hoot and Steven is as funny as always! You have a couple of hams there! I'm sorry Auntie Debbie's camera wasn't working; I was looking forward to a picture of their special dinner! I was meaning to ask you for the recipe for that extra special cake! I thought maybe I'd make it for Jake's first BD! You look as beautiful as always, as does your whole family! Jacob has started saying "Da Da" and it just pulling himself up on everything in sight...which can be a bit frightening! He's trying to talk too; you can see it in his face! We hope to see you soon! Love you!

Diane said...

Looks like Mamacita had a wonderful birthday celenration both at home and The Cherter Club. would have loved to have seen pictures but the descriptions form your Mom obver the phone were good enough. Wow, sounds like a very nice place to dine, and that chocolate dessert so decadent! You Sweetie are more beautiful then ever. You look great and I am so thrilled you are feeling so well. It won;t be long now until you are back to teaching as well. That cake I remember. Your Dad gave me a copy of his family cookbook so I have the coveted recipe. U still have my very old copy of The Betty Crocker Cookbook but not sure it is an old enough copy. I need to check! It must have been a piece of heaven having your Dad out there with you all for 2 weeks, especially for you Deb. Erin it would be wonderful of Grammy and Grandpa could come back to CA and live in Fortuna. I would love it being able to see them more often as well. I miss your Dad alot. Mom too! Love the viseo of Mackenzie and Stevem in the tub. Both are quite the little actors! You are right, Mackenzie's personaluty is really developing. she is a cutie and I can;t get over how big Steven has gotten in the last year. Good for him making such progress with the toilet - I am sure the big bombs will be soon to follow! Love to all, and wow, it;'s the first time I heard my grandson Jaocb is saying DaDa! Woohoo!

Eileen and Stan said...

Good thing you didn't put all those candles on the cake. The firemen would have been over in no time. Looks like you're Dad's visit was a joy for everyone. Glad your Mom & Dad had such an enjoyable date night. You are looking so healthy and beautiful Erin. Won't be long now till you'll be back doing all that you love. Mackenzie and Steven are precious. Enjoy every minute with them. Love to all!

Pam said...

It looks like you all had a super fun time with your dad.

Happy Birthday Mamacita!