Monday, February 2, 2009

Friday and Saturday

First, an update on Tweed. He's making himself more at home everyday. He did get busted once for scratching on the old area rug behind the chair in living room. But, only once and then on Friday after looking out our front french door window for a while he used the thick foot mat as a scratching surface. I told him what a good boy he was. It is one of those thick dense brown scratchy ones so there's no problem with him using that. I still need to get him his new carpet scratching post. He's even wiggling his way back into Rob's heart:


Mackenzie has been wanting and learning to feed herself. We think she gets at least some in her mouth.

Steven wanted to start getting his outfit already for Super Bowl Sunday since he and Daddy's Pittsburgh Steelers were going to be playing. He wanted football make-up Friday morning while I was putting on my face (that means I was putting on my make up for all you guys out there).

Saturday, Rob and I had a date lunch. We had sandwichs at Quiznos. I hadn't been there but, I had a coupon for a free small sandwich from our insurance agent that I got for my birthday and it expired on 1/31/09 so I wanted to use it. Hey, you can't turn down free food. Their sandwiches are really good. I had to eat mine with a fork and knife since chewing and swallowing is still hard. I know I could have taken a bite out of the sandwich its just I would not have been able to chew and swallow my bite. I wanted to avoid the heimlich manoeuvre on our date even if we have been married 5 years now.

Then we went over to one of the antique stores on Main Street. It was fun to go in without the kids. We actually got to really look at things instead of running through really quick pointing at things behind us and hollering at each other to run by this booth and check out such and such. Of course we found things on this trip. I found these two tiles made in Italy:


They were like $4.75 a piece and then on sale so I got a good deal. Rob is going to frame them for me in oak. I'm not sure whether they will end up in the kitchen or dining room.

We were getting ready to checkout with the tiles and I spotted this fabric out of the corner of my eye. It was pretty and attached to a chair. It had some old pictures resting/displayed on its seat so I moved them off. It was a really cute Victorian chair. I think it is an Eastlake type. Rob would know for sure. It has a really pretty carving along the top of the back of the seat which unfortunately is not visible on the photo. I looked at the price for fun. It was $70 but the tag had that price scratched through and said sale. I turned the tag over and it was $35! I sat on it and it was comfortable and then I called Rob over. I had him sit on it too since I was thinking of it as a computer chair. We have been using one of our dining room table chairs since the office chairs are too bulky for where we have the computer set up downstairs. He liked it so we got it too! Here it is:

It is nice and comfy and the coloring on the fabric even makes the ugly tile in this area not look so bad.

What a great date! Great company and great antique finds.

3 comments:

Eileen and Stan said...

Glad to hear you were able to go out without the kids and enjoy your "date". Every couple needs to do that once in awhile for sanity. Looks like you made good purchases. Don't you just love a bargain?

Erin said...

I do love a bargain! I'd take a a day garage saling and antiqueing to a day at the mall any day.

Diane said...

Great finds Erin! Of course I absolutely love the Italian tiles. Great deal! The chair is very pretty and youare right, the fabric on the seat is very pretty. Looks real good at your computer. Your day out alone together sounds special and fun. Good for the two of you! (And thanks to Grammy!) Those sandwaiches are good, you're right.