

Steven got in trouble for not listening just before Christmas Eve so he had to wait a week to open his big present from Grammy and Grandpa. Here he is opening it on New Year's Eve Day:

He got this really cool castle. He played with it all day New Year's Eve and up until yesterday it was all he played with.

Here's Steven and Mackenzie kicking back in the recliner watching College Football.
On New Year's Day, we had "Snack Day" and watched the Rose Parade and Bowl games all day. Here's our spread:

In the late afternoon we added:

And, Mom made Nana's Shrimp spread/dip. It's been years since any of us have had it. One taste brought back a flood of holiday memories with Nana and Grandpa.

Here's Mackenzie sitting pretty and showing off one of her new hats:


Overall it wasn't a bad New Year's celebration for us, as long as you don't ask Rob. We are all looking forward to 2009.

8 comments:
Ugh - sorry you all had the crud. Our New Year's day was the laziest day we had in a long time. I was in my pj's until a party we went to at 4p.m. I loved it!
I'm surpised the neck brace fits Steven so well!
Happy New Year!
Wow, what a cool Castle! Being so far away, it is nice to see what it actually looks like. Oddly, I did not get any of the shrimp dip, but just seeing it and knowing you all had it brought back the same memories. MacKenzie (my little Mc) looks so cute and Steven is growing up so much. Love him being you. Rob, awesome clock.
Dad
Happy New Year! and wishes for a healthy New Year too. Hope everyone is feeling better now. Your New Year's celebration looked wonderful. Sir Steven of the castle and his fair sister, Mackenzie are just adorable.
Love to all, Eileen
Looks like a great New Year's even with everyo0ne not feeling well. Gladto hear you are on the mend now Erin. Poor Rob! Glad the shrimp spread reminded you of Nana and Grandpa. It is actually my recipe and i used to make it for them in San Bruno and Sonoma for celebrations. I am sure Nana made it on her own now and then as well. I first made that spread in the very early 1970's. Glad it brought back loving memories of holidays at Nana and Grandpa's.
Wow, that is so cool Auntie Diane! It is cool hearing the history of that recipe.
Happy New Year! Hope you all are feeling 100% soon.
Looks like you had a fun, relaxing NY, except for Rob! I am happy to hear he is feeling better! Your snacks looked great and I loved seeing the dip...brought back memories ! I'll have to make it for John and Jus soon. We spent the day taking the tree down and trying to get our living room back in order! I love the castle! Too cool! And seeing the kids in the recliner was too adorable! Happy New Year!
LOVE THE CLOCK ROB!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Post a Comment