
Last night as Rob and I were heading to bed Rob peeked in on Steven who was sleeping in his own room. He called me over and said check this out. I looked in and saw Tweed all cozy and curled up at the end of the bed. I wanted to take a picture. I knew though if I did Steven might wake up and startle Tweed and then Steven would insist on sleeping with Rob and I again. So I just let sleeping kid and sleeping kitty be.
Steven eventually came into our room last night which was fine. I woke up at 6 am and when Tweed heard me he came out of Mom and Mackenzie's room. He walked towards the laundry room and showed me that he used his cat box like a good boy. Actually, I think he walked there out of habit because his food and treats use to be in there but, it was still cute.
When Mom came out with Mackenzie a few minutes latter she said she awoke to purring next to her in bed. She gently tried to persuade Tweed to sleep near the foot of the bed because she wasn't thrilled about his bloody bum so close to her head. Instead of moving to the foot of the bed he moved into Mackenzie's cosleeper bed where Mackenzie was sleeping. He was near her feet and Mom said Mackenzie didn't seem to mind. Mackenzie is pretty big now and mobile enough she figured he wouldn't suffocate her. So, she let him stay there. She did say she slept really light and kept checking on the two of them. She did admit to telling Tweed that if he wakes Mackenzie there'd be "you know what to pay." But, Mackenzie slept great with Tweed. She thinks he made her feel nice and warm. The unfortunate part is Mom didn't sleep so well because she kept checking on them. Right now she and Mackenzie are taking a nap together.

6 comments:
I am so glad that Tweed is making the adjustment so well Erin! It sounds like he is a very happy kitty. I'm glad your Mom is napping after a night of not much sleep. Everyone seems to be in an adjutsment period and getting used to things as normal again. It will all come together. You are a very special lady. Love you all.
I forgot to mention the picture of the kids is adorable. I love the band around Mackenzies head! Very chic!
Beautiful, Beautiful children! Do they ever stop smiling? Sounds like Tweed is settling into life as an indoor cat.
Hi Erin,
I just attended the math/sci crabfeed and Claire reminded me that you have a blog - I have been following your incredible story and I wish you and your family only the best as you recover. Tweedy too. My sister has just bought a house in Hydesville and I'll be helping her move and visiting often and I would love to see you when you're up to it.
Blessings, Michele
Michele, that would be great! I'd enjoy that a lot. Good luck with the moving of your sister.
Hi, Erin, Loved your happy blog! Glad to know that Tweed is healing and adjusting to being a "house kitty." Just remember to watch those doors when (and if) he decides he wants to be outside again. A vet tech once told me that it takes a cat at least 6 weeks to become adjusted to a change in its living habits. Your children are beautiful and charming; I look forward to their pictures. Surely there must be times when there are unhappy faces. It's wonderful, too, to know that you are recovering so very well. Give your Mom a special hug from me; save a couple for you and your great family. Love, Vaden
Post a Comment