Here's a few pictures from the hospital. We took them with Mom's camera because our camera decided it was "sick" too and couldn't take any pictures even with fresh batteries. So, unfortunately I don't have any pictures from when Kathy came to visit. She came everyday and was a bright spot. She's one of those people that with her voice and smile makes the darkest days sunny.
Here's my before surgery picture. Rob snapped this one while I waited within my own tiny draped room surrounded by a million other people (all in their own little draped rooms) all prepped and ready for surgery.

Here's a picture of me that night after surgery. Mom said we needed the characteristic thumbs up picture. I put my thumb up quickly and then pushed my pain button. I was still on morphine.

Had I pushed the button first she might have gotten a different finger. I found out morphine makes me cranky and not so pleasant yet sleepy. I just told the doctors it didn't make me feel right. They switched me to phentynol, which makes me happy and sleepy.
Here's my push button med machine and IV pole, we fondly named him R2D2 from our last stay. He looks more like C3PO but sounds like R2D2 with all his beeps. He was a familiar friend.

While I was getting all settled in. The kids got all scrubbed up and clean at the hotel:

Then, I got the best visit ever on Wednesday!

Here I am getting ready to come home. Steven loves my new neck collar. He says it is like a motorcycle helmet for your neck. What a silly guy. My nurse and Mom said it brings out the color in my eyes. It is much more of a fashion accessory then the last one.


3 comments:
Oh how wonderful to see you're up to blogging. Love your neck brace. Very fashionable. Oh the drugs - better life through chemistry. There is no place like home to recuperate with loved ones close by. Keep improving. Love to all!
Great to see your blog posts Erin! And yes, Kathy does have that special way about her. She truly is an angel here on earth. So good to see you and your family, including your Mom all together andf you recouping well!
It's great to see you Erin! I loved the pictures at Stanford! I like the R2D2/C3PO reference and the finger joke! Too funny! I am glad they got you on a pain med that made you happy and sleepy!! It's wonderful you are resting so well at home with the beds. That rocks. I'm so happy to hear from you! Keep resting and I'm sure you'll be feeling greater in no time! And yes, that collar does bring out the colors of your eyes! My two cousins are just too adorable! Love you!
Post a Comment