
I took a few pictures of the filet mignon we had and the chocolate fudge lava cake with my new cell phone that has a camera on it. Uh, I only figured out how to take pictures and how to view them but not to get them off the phone. Oh well, I packed the manual so I can figure out how to use it while I'm recovering in the hospital.
My pre-op was at noon today so we all went over to the "nanny park" in Palo Alto. Rob found it last time I was in the hospital. Mom took the kids there a lot last time. It is known as the "nanny park" since everyone Mom met who had kids there was a nanny. This was my first introduction to the park. We actually met a mom there today besides me!
It is a very cool park with a rock wall for the Wall Boys to climb:

Here's Mom (Grammy) and Mackenzie:

Steven saw a fire truck pull up on one side of the park. The firemen were really nice and let him sit in the fire truck.

He also got a fire chief hat.

Here is Mackenzie and I:

Here's Mackenzie swinging on a swing:
Rob and I went to my pre-op at noon. It was quick and easy which I thought was a good sign. I had blood drawn and I didn't even feel the prick of the needle. The guy told me it is because he used a sharp needle.
I got my surgery time for tomorrow at 9:45 am. I am to be there at 7:45. They said I may not even have to go to ICU. That would be cool. My Aunt Diane graciously agreed to update everyone again tomorrow on her blog.
Well, that's it for now. Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers and please keep them coming.

6 comments:
Erin you look great! I hope you and Bob had a great anniversary. I know, I can't believe it's already been five years! Just want you to know that we are all thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery. Will talk to you soon.
Love ya lots,
Kim
Love, love and more love.....Auntie Diane
Your anniversary dinner at the Carter House sounded fun; I've wanted to go there. We used to deliver wine to them when I worked at AVS. The "nanny" park looked really cool too! I'm glad your pre-op went fast and smooth; I take that as a good sign too! Love you!
In our thoughts and prayers.
Dad and Robin.
Glad you had some fun time. Hopefully the easy pre-op is a foreshadowing of an easy recovery. Love and prayers to all.
Sending you good, positive vibes. We love you!
Post a Comment