Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Typical Wall Family Antics

Like I said in my last post Steven loves my new neck collar. He found a new creative way to wear it:
Here is Steven modeling how I was wearing my collar when I woke up at 4 am this morning. Don't ask how I mananged to do this. But, I was dreaming I was back in high school and I was wearing a sunvisor. In my dream I pushed the sunvisor up on my head because it had slipped down onto my face. When I pushed it up in my dream I woke up immediately and this is how it was on my head. No joke. I was shocked, worried I had hurt myself. Once I realized my head was still attached to my neck. I put my collar back on properly and took my pain meds. Mom was awake on the couch and we had a good laugh together.
Auntie Kim and Shane graciously sent up Shane's old motorized 4X4 truck for Steven to use now that Shane has out grown it. It took us a bit but we finally tracked down the proper battery and had gotten it all charged up yesterday. I was a beautiful day. Steven put on his Dale Earnhart Jr. racing outfit he got from my cousin Jen and her family for Christmas. He couldn't find the hat at the moment. He was too excited to look for it for long so he improvised and used his knight helmet for his protective head gear. We all went out as a family (yep me too!) to witness his first drive.
Here I am ready to capture it all on film. Today our camera was cooperating.
Here's a picture before climbing into his truck:

Here's his first drive. He was a little timid about crashing into the pole so he crashed into the fence at first. He was just a little annoyed that his first drive didn't go quite like he planned.


He quickly learned to drive straight and to watch driveways/alleys. This looks closer than it really was.


Steven and Rob went over to the school and practiced a lot. Now he'll be ready when his friends Raquelle, Damyn, and Chaz have their Jeep all charged up.

Here's Mackenzie with her Daddy looking adorable in her bonnet Grammy got her for Christmas at one of the baby boutiques in downtown Eureka. She was putting it on to go outside with her brother. However, you'll see from the next picture that she already had taken it off.

Here's Steven blowing bubbles for Mackenzie in the backyard.

8 comments:

Eileen and Stan said...

What a crazy dream and scary when you woke to find it real. Hope the fence Steven drove into was yours? He'll want the keys to the bug soon. Mackenzie is such a beauty. Your mom must be enjoying every exhausting moment with both of her grandchildren. More love to all.

Chandelle said...

I am so happy that this surgery went much better than the last. You look so happy and have a great sense of humor. I get a lot of laughs reading your blogs.

Erin said...

Stan and Eileen, that was our fence. In fact it is the section Rob and his Dad reinforced this fall before my surgery.

Unknown said...

Erin, so glad you are home and doing so very well. Your children do look happy, esp. Steven with your "helmet." Hugs, Vaden

Diane said...

Steven is too cute in his car and racing suit! What a crazy dream and really doing what you dreamed! Thank goodness all was well and good for a laugh! Everyone looks happy and healthy. so good to see!

Jen said...

I love that Steven is having so much fun with his truck! So cool! I remember wanting one of those when I was a kid...maybe Jake will have one someday! I totally want to make sure he has a Big Wheel! Hee :-) Steven looked adorable in his racing suit and Mackenzie with her bonnet! I know what you mean about hats...Jacob pulls his hat and socks off before we can even get him loaded in the car! It was great to see you out there with your family!

Marla said...

I was laughing at your dream with the neck collar/sunvisor. Was relaying it to Tom too :) We got a good laugh. Glad you're back home and doing better!

Unknown said...

We are so glad Stevie is enjoying his 4x4. His cousins both had many great days cruising around the neighborhood giving me a heart attack! We are so glad you are back home and doing great!
Take care and give my little ones a big hug and a kiss from their Auntie Kim.
Love ya!