
Friday morning Larry cooked his signture breakfast. A great breakfast to have on a "major labor" day. Biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, and hash browns.
After breakfast Larry started his chili. It is the best chili ever. My mom tasted some today and she agrees. We are planning on entering it into the "Chili Cook Off" here in Fortuna next summer.
Then the work began. Rob and Larry tore down the weak fence.

This included digging out some of the old concrete. Here's Rob, muscles rippling, busting concrete.
As you can see the weather was gorgeous. The rest of us sat outside and enjoyed the weather while the "labor camp" was going on. Steven's friend Damyn came over and the boys had a ball playing. The pair along with Mackenzie kept Joan and I busy.

Mackenzie had lots to say about was going.
Saturday afternoon my Mom, Grammy, arrived. Steven and I picked her up. The weather was gorgeous again. Larry fired up the new grill they had gotten Rob as an early birthday-christmas present and cooked up some tri-tip.
While we had cocktails outside.



Our friend Lisa came as well.

4 comments:
MMM! I want to try that chili! It sure looks like fun was had by all, except maybe Rob...ha ha. Hope untie Debbie is feeling better! Mackenzie and Jacob should chat on the phone sometime soon!!!! Love you!!
Ok, I'm hungry. No really. I shouldn't be reading blogs when you show pics of good food like that. Similar to how one should not go to a grocery store hungry .... don't go blog-hopping when Erin has pics of good food.
Love the little video of Mackenzie. aaah.
What wionderful family time! your FIl chili looks awesome -- hope you share the recipe. Also glad that your Mom is feeling better. Is the fence all done now? See you Tuesday! Auntie Diane
The fence is all done now. I should have taken a picture of that as well. I can't wait to see you too Auntie Diane.
Post a Comment