Friday, July 17, 2009

Mackenzie Walks!!!

For several weeks Mackenzie has been walking while holding our hands. Over the last several days she has definitely been thinking about walking on her own. A few days ago she took one step and then stopped while we were in the kitchen. She did that twice that evening. Then yesterday, she took a few tentative steps at the school because she wanted to sit on the swing. She did what I called the "step and squat." She took a step and squatted then stepped again and squatted.

Tonight she full on walked while we were watching a movie. I had to search around for the camera and then a few minutes later she did some more and caught her...twice!

Way to go Mackenzie! What a big girl!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I feel as if I were there sharing your delight in Mackenzie's fisrt steps. She is a cute one in her tutu. Love, Vaden

Diane said...

Look at the big girl go! And where does the time go? How fast they grow! what a special moment. Glad to be able to be there too! Love, Auntie Diane

Eileen and Stan said...

Watch out world - her comes Mackenzie! You're anxious for them to walk and talk and then you can't get them to sit still and be quiet. Ah, life is wonderful!

Jen said...

Way to go Mackenzie! How exciting! She is just too adorable for words :-)

Pam said...

Whooo Hoo! Way to go Mackenzie!

Marla said...

I love it! Good job Mackenzie!