Friday, July 10, 2009

Independence Week

Over the past week we made more progress on the front fence. Rob has turned the corner on the bricking and fencing. I also have started to paint the pickets.


Thursday afternoon, Steven wanted to go over to Marilyn's house to play with Maya the puppy while Mackenzie napped so I got a chance to paint my rummage sale headboard white. Rob moved it that evening upstairs to "chic-land." I love it. It makes my little relaxing nook look like a princess chair.

Steven wanted to show Rob and I how responsible he is. He wants to get a corn snake. He even cleaned the cat box for a dollar. Here he is with his first dollar earned:

Ms. Mackenzie the big girl has been crawling on the trampoline for a while. She use to just kind of bounce on her bum when she got up there. Now, she is starting to really want to bounce like her brother. Her favorite time to do this is when there is music on so she can dance. Here she is really rocking out!
The video would have been longer and she would have reached that top bar on her own except with Steven climbing up behind her I needed to intervene.
I saw in last Sunday's paper that Target was having a sale on wine coolers. I have wanted to get one for Rob for a while. If we try and keep wine in the wine rack built into the kitchen cabinets it turns to vinegar. It is a little 12 bottle cooler. Not bad for $75!
We also got a new fire pit this past week. Our other one, Joan and Larry had handed down to us, finally had a leg fall off. This time we are going to keep it covered when not in use. Just because something is made to be outside doesn't mean you don't need to protect it from the elements when not in use.
Steven of course had to put his special "marshmellow roasting" gloves on to enjoy our first fire in the new pit:
On the fourth of July we set off fireworks in the street out front. Steven got to assist Daddy a bit this year. He would pick the ones to do and set them up in the street. Then Rob would light them. Here's the boys getting ready to put on our show:

Mackenzie and I cuddled together to watch the show:


A little pre-show safety lecture:

Here we go!

3 comments:

Eileen and Stan said...

What a great way to celebrate the holiday. Great fireworks. You have the perfect home for the perfect family. Steven is in the money now. Keep saving. Watching the video of Mackenzie on the trampoline and Steven getting on made my heart skip a beat. Perfect intervention Erin. Love to all.

Diane said...

Mackenzie is quite the girly girl. I love it! Was that pole dancing she was practicing? :-))) I am with eileen; my heart skipped a beat as well when I saw Stevn get on the trampoline. Quick action Erin! Loved your 4th celebration, and all the new goodies for your hosue. Your newly painted back for your chic land couch looks beautiful. Fits so well with your room. Love the ne fire pit. You would get gtreat use of one up your way. Good for Steven working to earn money to purchase something he really wants. Great parenting. Love you all and can;t wait to see you in August!

Erin said...

Yeah, Mackenzie is quite the dancer and appears to be practicing a little pole dancing. Rob is really worried about that. He hopes she won't do that when she's older.