Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Deck the Halls! or Deck the Walls'!

I'll start first with this picture. I think Rob must have taken it in Grammy's room. Can you tell Steven and Mackenzie are brother and sister?


Yesterday we pulled out the old Christmas decoration boxes from the attic and had a decorating party.
Steven takes decorating the tree very seriously:

He lightens up a bit:

Me unwrapping ornaments for the tree:

Steven wanting to "hang" the ornament with Mrs. Claus on a Harley. Not this year. We lost Santa on his Harley last year along with several other motorcycle ornaments. Good save Grammy.

Rob's good friend Tom, from Washington, is visiting for a few days. Here's Steven with Uncle Tom:

Here's Tom's sweet doggie, Trixie. Having Trixie around reminds me of Scarlet. I sure miss having Scarlet.

Time for the final decoration, the angel:

Uh, how many guys does it take to get the angel on top of the tree?

It takes exactly 3 guys!

7 comments:

Ron said...

Now I feel like I was there. Looked like fun. Robin helped me bring up the tree on Thanksgiving and set it up. Ryan and Robin decorated it after dinner. I don't know what they were doing, but Robin came into the kitchen bent over he was laughing so hard.

Pam said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun! The tree looks great! :-)

Jen said...

What a beautiful tree! I think we are going to go with a regular tree this year, not one from the nursery we are going to plant, so I think we can get it any time...I need to "coax" John into taking us to the lot! I got all the boxes out! Can't wait to see you all on Saturday!

Diane said...

What a fun time Erin! The tree looks beautiful. I'm with your Dad; it made me feel like I was there with you. Ron - your time with the boys on Thanksgiving sounded like such fun. Glad oyur tree is up and decorated. See you tomorrow Erin to celebrate the holidays with you and yours. And your Mom too! (Wish you were going to be here Ron.) Love, Auntie Diane

Marla said...

Love that first pic of bro & sis. Very cute little ones you have there.

Eileen and Stan said...

Are any of the three guys putting the angel on the tree top Polish? Loved the "are we related" picture. What precious angels they are. Looks like a wonderful Christmas is in store for all the family. God Bless us one and all!

Erin said...

The only Polish one I think is my son. He got that from me! Hee...Hee