Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Visit to the Circus on Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day Weekend was a blast. It started with Dad (Grandpa) sending Mom (Grammy) some beautiful flowers. In fact we just had to finally toss the last of the flowers yesterday! They lasted a long time.


Steven and Mackenzie got a cool tile to decorate for Grammy to take home with her. We had a good time decorating it.

Mackenzie got into the action too! Sorry no pictures of that. Of course it took two of us to get her hand print on there. Here is the finished product:



Steven was kind enough to let Mackenzie wear one of his Pittsburgh Steeler shirts:

On Mother's Day we went out for breakfast and then Rob cooked dinner. He barbecued steaks, baked some potatoes, and made a salad too! He also treated us extra special and did the dishes too!

We had a ball the day before, on Saturday, when the circus came to town.


Steven loved tasting all the circus food. First, he had cotton candy. He ate about half and then the rest of us finished it off.
Later he had a snow cone. Mackenzie liked that too! He also just had to have peanuts (no picture).

Mackenzie loved the circus once she got use to all the people. She was a little overwhelmed at first. Here we are together:

They had lions, tigers, jugglers, unicycle riders, high wire acts, and trapeze. Here's one of the photos that came out nice.


Of course, there was also a clown. She needed a volunteer at one point. She was "looking for a man." I thought Rob would be perfect and she agreed! Rob joined the circus! He was in the ring for a while. Here is just one of his acts. I'm so glad I had taught Rob some dancing moves. Unfortunately, there was one thing I hadn't taught him...


Hee, hee,...Rob says he is going to get me back. We'll see...

3 comments:

Diane said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is hysterical! Better get Rob dancing lessons for his next birthday! Mother's Dau celebrations looked wonderful and the tile the kids made for Grammy is beautiful!!!

Eileen and Stan said...

What a great weekend! Bet you feel like you live in a three ringed circus sometimes, right? The tile is great! Grammy will treasure it always I'm sure. Great moves Rob!

Erin said...

What do you mean that I "feel" like I live in a three ring circus? You've seen it, wouldn't you say it is a three ring circus? Yep, but, I wouldn't change a thing.