
It took about 5 seconds and he was riding his new larger bike with confidence at the school down the street:
This past weekend Rob's Dad, Larry, came up to get us started on the fence. Too bad Joan wasn't feeling good enough to come up too. We missed her. My Dad also flew in this past week and is with us until June 6th when he and Mom will fly back to Iowa. That made for quite a work crew.
We got a good jump on the fence.

I helped a little on Monday with the setting of the bricks for the mowing strip. My job was to be the anal retentive one, I mean detail oriented one, who made sure everything was just so since we have never laid brick before.

I have no idea why this text is underlined and blue it is annoying but oh, well. We still have a lot of brick to lay, pickets to hang, and painting. Dad said I'll have to be sure to take photos of it when it is all done. He doesn't think we'll get it done before he leaves. We'll see.
Yesterday Mom, Mackenzie, and I got our haircut. Mom also got highlights.

Me with my freshly trimmed do:

Mackenzie playing with troll dolls while she waited her turn.

I know what you are thinking...what hair was Mackenzie getting cut off? Well Holly trimmed her up a bit to clean up the wispy pieces. This way her hair will grow in thicker.
Here's a movie of the big girl's first haircut:
Then Holly worked her magic. First she blew her hair out using special techniques. Don't you think Mackenzie's hair looks thicker?:
Then a little product to give her hair shine:
Then she cut her some bangs:
Okay, I'm kidding, but it was pretty cute. Mackenzie, though shy at times, loved Holly. Here she is with Holly:
Now we are ready for Mackenzie's first birthday party tonight. Happy First Birthday Mackenzie!

4 comments:
Happy First Birthday Mackenzie! All the girls are looking good! Way to go Steven - no training wheels. Next will be the keys to the car. Make use of the extra hands while you have them for fence duty. I'm sure it will be beautiful when finished. Love to all!
Happy 1st birthday Mackenzie! Love Grammy's highlights - great chpoice! I gear your Dad also has been painting Chic Land. Retirement is food for our kids! :-)) Glad to hear everyone is having such a productive time at the Wall's.
I love Mackenzie's "new do". She looks like a supermodel! It sure looked like fun! Jacob is ready for another I think....we still need to have his 1-year pic taken (he's 14 months now) and a family shot. We will...I will nail John down on a date! Looks like the guys are hard at work on the fence! John is doing ours too! Happy 1st BD Mackenzie.....Steven rules on his new bike!
Happy Birthday Mackenzie! The fence is looking great! I am having fence-envy... who knew there was such a thing? Way to go Steven - you sure look great on your new bike! :-)
Post a Comment