Last night Tinker, the mouse, left this earth in spirit. She was Steven's beloved pet and friend.

When we discovered her lifeless body late last night, Rob made Tinker an oak casket and I prepared a scrap piece of pretty purple fabric to wrap her in.

This morning when I told Steven he told me he felt sad and he misses her. Then a few moments later he said, excitedly, we should take her to the doctor to bring her back. I told him she was very old and her body just wore out. She went to heaven late last night. There's nothing a doctor could do for her now. I thought he was going to cry. Then he said, we'll have to say a prayer for her. Then I almost cried.
Her grave side services will be held this morning after breakfast.

4 comments:
Farewell Tinker! Isn't that something that you took the pictures the same day of Tinkers passing. The pictures of Steven and Tinker together are very sweet, You made me cry BTW recounting what Stevn and you said to one another after he learned Tinker was in Heaven. You and Rob are amazing parents. Love and hugs to all. Happy Mother's Day Erin!
Bye, Bye Tinker; I hope you are nibbling your favorite food in Heaven under God's watchfu eye; He does love all his creatures. Erin, you and Rob provided a thoughtful, touching farewell for Steven's beloved friend. Hugs, Vaden
The loss of a pet is never easy. You and Rob handled it wonderfully. Steven will have happy memories of Tinker.
And then, reading this, I almost cry. I love his and your spirit.
Post a Comment