Today has been a day of relaxation around the pool and enjoying each others company.
Here's Mackenzie laughing and playing with her Grammy.
After lunch it was warm enough to get into the pool so Steven and I put our suits on.
We all spent the entire afternoon out at the pool. Here's Mackenzie and Rob sitting in the shade.

With Rob and my parents standing by I decided to see if I could swim in the pool. First I doggie-paddled then I got brave and tried swimming under water. I wasn't sure how I would feel. I am timid doing anything too physical since my dizzy spells. I think my body has adjusted to losing my balance nerve on the left side pretty well now but, I occasionally still do get a little off balance. Also, with that tumor still in there I feel like I never know what else may suddenly become compromised.
As you can see from the video I did pretty well. I just had to not shake my head when I came out of the water because it would hurt my neck. Steven and I had a great time in the pool.
Steven prefers to "swim" on the stairs. It reminds my parents and I of when I was about his age.
I was able to coax Steven off of the stairs to swim with me. I promised I would not let go or let his head go under water.
Well, I have had my last full meal and my last blog post for a while. Tomorrow I am being admitted to the hospital at 10 am and am under orders to not eat or drink after midnight tonight. I will be having my embolization of the tumor and the balloon test on my carotid artery tomorrow. I'm going to eat and drink a little more and then hit the sack. Good night.

1 comment:
It looks like a wonderful time was had at (and by) the pool! I'm so glad the weather was nice so you could spend the day in the pool with Steven! It looks like he had a blast!!!!! I'm thinking of you and sending my prayers!! Love you!
Post a Comment