Saturday, October 4, 2008

From Debra

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks! Erin is tutoring me on "blogging" so I can update the blog (along with Rob) while she is recovering from surgery.


Here is Steven modeling his Halloween costume--recognize the team? He was sooooo excited when the costume arrived. Erin let him try it on to make sure it fit and then he "negotiated" some time to wear it. He loved the helmet and he and Grammy went out for some passes and scored a couple of touchdowns. Note: Grammy had to be a "bad guy" so I picked the Dallas Cowboys (sorry Cowboy fans) .

Since Wednesday, he's tried "negotiating" (which means he asks over and over) to wear the costume again. We explained that he needs to wait until Halloween so he's even tried to persuade us that it is Halloween!!!



Steven is into costumes. Since his debut as Sir Blackbird and Superman he has branched out and added Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Power Rangers and now his latest foray is into boots. We can't figure out if he's a cavalier or one of the Three Musketeers (contemporary style) :)




One of my very favorite things to do with Steven is read him stories. I love books and he will listen to story after story so I can read as much as I want!

4 comments:

Diane said...

GREAT job Deb! I will be happy to help you at Stanford to post updates while we are there, but it doesn;t look like you will need any! We are also bringing our laptop and I will post updates on my blog throughout the day of the surgery with pictures of what we are all doing the 12 hours we are waiting, and with any news we get from the OR during the day as well. See you all Tuesday! Love and bear hugs, Diane (Auntie to you Erin)

Dad said...

Nice Job Grammy!

Jen said...

You're doing great Auntie Debbie! I love how Steven "negotiates". That is too great! It sure looks like you are all having a wonderful time together!

Eileen and Stan said...

Trying new things is good Deb and you did a wonderful job! Aren't grandkids just the best? I bet Steven's "negotiations" work better on Grandma than Mom & Dad. We'll be with you all in spirit on Wednesday and anxious for news.
Our love to all - Eileen