Friday, June 12, 2009

The Week of June 7th

At the City-wide yard sale last weekend Steven also got a Buzz Lightyear costume. It worked out well since the one we found at the thrift shop last summer he had just outgrown. The one he just found is really cool. It has the head covering and the wings too. I got it all cleaned up one morning this week so he got to put it on after school.

We ran some errands that afternoon and he wore it downtown. He's such a character.
We also played Toy Story. Guess who I was?
Yep, I was Woody.
On Sunday when I went to church there was a couple behind me who have sat behind Mom and I before in mass. They just adore Mackenzie. Well after mass the gentleman, can't remember his name now (his wife is Bonnie), gave me a package. He had made this and thought I would like it. He said he just cut it out with a scroll or was it skill saw? I can't remember. Rob would know. I love it and hung it up in the bedroom.
Rob also made some progress on the front fence this past weekend. The brick laying at the base is slow but it will be so worth it.

We have a gate at the end of the driveway now. On Wednesday Rob also picked up my car. I'm so happy to have it back. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet because I have to install Mackenzie's forward facing car seat in it first.

Thursday afternoon Steven went and got his hair cut by Holly. He loves having her gel up a colored mohawk.

Mackenzie has been wanting to play with the little potty in the front bathroom. I was getting tired of washing her hands for nothing (no potty in the toilet) so this morning I sat her on the potty.

She liked sitting there so I went and grabbed the camera. Maybe my Dad is right, she'll be fully potty trained before Steven. Sigh...

I also cleaned out the upper cabinets above our little pantry. Mackenzie started cleaning out and organizing the dreaded plastic wear drawer. As you can see she stands pretty well. She's also starting to wave, though her wave is a little off (it's so cute):


4 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, man! I miss you guys so much! I love the pictures. Steven is soooo cute as Buzz and "Woody"--you're adorable. In just one week, Mackenzie has changed. She looks so big. I love the picture of her on the potty!!! She's talking and standing so steady and her little wave is so precious (now my eyes are leaking) The carving is beautiful, Erin. Rob, the fence is looking great!
Love You All,
Mamacita

Diane said...

MAckenzie waving is just too adorable! And on the pottie, man! It's greatr she is showing interest already. :-)) The fence is looking really nice you guys. Love to all! You too Mamacita back in IA. Bear hugs to you.

Marla said...

So cute - both of the little kiddos.

K 'n' K said...

great pics! Marla sent me the connection to your blog--Erin I must have brain shorted-out that you had another surgery! :( argh! Sending my love to you and your cute family!