Steven teared up at bedtime and I swear Mackenzie keeps looking around for her Iowa Grammy. Here's Iowa Grammy helping Mackenzie model her new Guess outfit that G.G. got Mackenzie for her birthday:

Dad was quite the worker while he was here. Not only did he help out a ton with the fence he also painted, "Chic land." "Chic land" is my sancutary room upstairs. It is the only room upstairs besides the walk in attic area.
Here's Dad putting up some more tape to do some touch up painting:
Here's the before (I took these a while ago):


Here it is all painted and somewhat put back together. I'm still decorating it. I am using mainly things I already have around:
Rob made me the little table, next to the little couch, in the picture. He made it from scrap wood. The little couch is Steven's old train table with a cushion on it.
Saturday was the Fortuna Citywide Yard Sale. Among the treasures was this headboard I picked up for $1!
I am going to paint it white and maybe add little touches of gold paint and use it as the back to my little couch.
This past Tuesday, Mom and Dad took a trip to Trinidad. They each had a nice hot bowl of Clam Chowder and had fun hiking down to the beach. It was not as much fun hiking back up but, it was great exercise.




They had a little unexpected adventure when my VW Bug broke down on their way back. Dad said it brought back memories. Now, let me just say we were all thinking this could be a real possiblility since my Bug started to make strange noises that morning. We had made an appointment that morning for Thursday, the earliest they could get it in. Usually when a car starts making strange noises you have a little ways before you are in real trouble unless the noise is accompanied by smoke or fire. I guess they did technically have a little ways. They made it to Trinidad and a little ways back.
It turns out that when I had the timing belt replaced at my last big service there was a bolt that must not have been tightened enough. It broke loose and ended up damaging a cylinder. So, Rob is riding the motorcycle to work now and I have the truck. We will probably not get the Bug back until mid-week. At least it is all covered under warranty.

2 comments:
Your Mom and Dad look so happy to be together spending quality time. Nice to see. I miss the ocean! I am pained for you and your Mom. I know it is difficult for you both being separated.
Your little sanctuary looks so cozy. Everyone needs a space. Looks like Mom & Dad had a nice outing. I'm sure it's going to be hard for you and your Mom dealing with separation. I'm sure there are loads of memories to get you both through those rough spots. But it's good that you're not in need of assistance and feeling so much better. Love to all!
Post a Comment