Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Week of July 6th

This week Mackenzie has become a lot more alert. Her personality is starting to show. As you can see from these pictures she has quite the sense of humor! What's with the tongue!






Mackenzie is also quite strong though she has just started having tummy time awake.



Mackenzie has come out with her first exercise video to help everyone get into and stay in shape this summer. It is called, "Buns of Baby." She gives you a great one-minute workout that includes exercises for your tush, abs, and face. There are also stretchs and a few original yoga poses. Here she is...




For those of you who are looking for a more aerobic workout here is Steven's "Cardio Dance."


Steven this week has really been bit by the "big boy potty" bug. I am glad for the most part. Having one out of diapers does sound appealing. Right now however, it oftens adds drama to an already theatrical household. Often we wait and wait and wait some more.



Ever since the night I went into labor with Mackenzie and Steven stayed at his friend Damyn's house over night he's been wanting to have Damyn over for a slumber party at his house. Well, Friday night was the night of the big party. We had pizza and watched "Battle of Britian" (it was full of all the planes the boys love and it is rated G!). The boys went to bed at 11 pm and woke up at 5:45 am; lucky Rob! Unfortunately my camera batteries were dead and in all the "fun" I was unable to recharge and reload the camera until late Saturday morning. I did capture this picture of Steven recovering. He slept from noon until 4 pm and still went to bed last night at his normal time.


Rob got his motorcycle back with everything fixed and a new paint job several weeks ago. Back in February a lady smashed into him from the side. He was lucky to not be seriously hurt but it did shake him up a bit. He's been debating about whether to sell the bike or not and until this week hadn't ridden it much. He rode it to work several times this week. Steven cannot wait to ride on the back. I have mixed feelings about both my guys riding motorcycles. At least Steven has to wait until his feet touch the passenger pegs which will be a while.


Rob has also been working on his Craftsman clock. He designed it himself. It is going to be gorgeous when he is all done. It is made from Red Oak and Blood Wood. I'll be sure to post the finished project.



Pretty soon we will be harvesting zucchini. The pole beans are starting to climb the pole too.

The roses have also been in full bloom.

5 comments:

Eileen and Stan said...

Sounds like life is pretty full. I give you lots of credit for keeping up with your blog. We love keeping up with the Walls.
Mackenzie looks so big already. Steven is a real showman.
Love to all,
Godma Eileen

Marla said...

So now I have two exercise teachers, Mackenzie or Steven. Hmmm - somedays I feel like doing what Mackenzie does and other days what Steven does. Good to have variety! :)

Pam said...

I cracked up at the exercise videos! You've got some talent in those two! :-)

Jen said...

I loved Steven's Dance Video. Maybe he can show me his moves when we see each other in a couple of weeks! I could use some new moves :-) And Mackenzie...what a supermodel! I love the tongue! Jacob loves his tongue too...it's sweet. You've got a great lookin' family! Your flowers and garden look spectacular as well! Kudos to Rob with the motorcycle...I can imagine how hard it is to see him on it though. Hang in there Redwood Mama!

Diane said...

How ever do you keep up with Steven while watching Mackenzie Erin?! How big Steven has gotten. Seeing him on his big boy potty really brought it home. Loved both the kids work-out routines. Theatrical indeed! Loved hearing about Stevens friend spending the night, even without pictures. The after shot says it all!

Auntie hugs to all. See you in a few weeks!