It was Fortuna Rodeo week so there were many festivities downtown. It is so great living downtown making it easy to enjoy all the going-ons. A big highlight was the carnival. Here are some video clips and photos from Steven, Mackenzie, and I's adventure on opening day. We had a blast!

The airplane ride, no surprise here, was Steven's favorite ride. Thank goodness for unlimited ride arm bands. We must have spent at least an hour just at this ride. I'm not exaggerating either. Even another parent came over to me and said, "You guys are still here?! My wife just pointed out to me that you have been right here since we got here to the carnival." Steven and the carnival guy were on a first name basis.
Yep, Steven at 3 years old went down the Super Slide all by himself. The carnival guy working the ride was kind enough to climb the steps several times with him and help him place his potato sack under his bum. Then Steven got the hang of what to do on his own.
The coolest thing about this ride was it was picked up on one of the park webcams so Rob could see Steven having a ball while he was at work.
All three of us piled into a basket and rode the ferris wheel together. I had to buy tickets to ride but Mackenzie got to ride for free. What a deal!
All Smiles!
This week Mackenzie has also started smiling a lot. Well, smiling a lot at Steven and I. Poor Dad has been feeling left out. Of course I had to try and catch this on film. I did not catch a full beaming smile but these photos do show clear joy.



2 comments:
Erin what a fun-filled week! LOVED the photos and video's from the carnival. How funny that Steven rode the airplanes over and over and over again. Looks like it was a vig time for all! The smiling pictures of Mackenzie are beautiful. How cute is she?! Thoise eyes, wow! I can;t wait to hold her a week from today!
Love and hugs to all,
Auntie Diane
It sure looked like Steven was having a blast at the carnival!! I hope you had a bench to sit on; it sure sounds like you were there all day at the plane ride! How cool is that that Rob was able to see on his computer at work? VERY cool! Mackenize has the "Yoda" eyes as well. Sometimes I swear I look at the big eyes Jacob and Mackenzie have and it makes me think of Yoda! I can't wait to see her smiling face in person a week from today!
Post a Comment